Ranging from pop-up events to regular Sunday markets and stalls lining the main tourist strip near Central Station, Amsterdam hosts a wide selection of smaller festive market activities every year. Check out I amsterdam’s selection of this year’s seasonal crop:
- Winter Market, Beursplein & Damrak, daily until 12 January 2014
- Funky Sinterklaas Market, Westergasfabriek, 1 December
- Pure Winter Market, Amstelpark, 8 December
- Sissy Boy Christmas Market, Amstelkerk, 14 December
- Funky Xmas Market, Westergasfabriek, 15 December
- Pure Winter Market, Beatrixpark, 15 December
- Latam Fair, The Sand, 15 December
- Midnight Market, Toren, 21 December
- Pure Winter Market, Park Frankendael, 22 December.
City centre festive shopping
Located at either end of the Leidsestraat, both Leidseplein and Koningsplein are home to various festive market stalls. The ice rink and food stands will be at Leidseplein until 5 January 2014. Amsterdam’s neighbourhood markets run throughout the seaosn and are a good bet for seasonal gifts and snacks.
One of the largest Christmas market events in the Netherlands is Christmas at Castle Keukenhof. Held from 11 to 15 December 2013, it’s a magical experience that will leave you fully prepared for the ultimate Christmas. Over in Lelystad, the Bataviawerf also get in the spirit with their Winter Evening on 13 December.